Annapolis Green invites everyone who is interested in, or curious about, driving electric to attend its free “Kick Gas! Annapolis EV Earth Day” event on Saturday, April 17. It’s part of the national Drive Electric Earth Day campaign designed to share information about electric vehicles throughout the month of April all around the United States and this event kicks of six months of EV education. Due to COVID-19 protocols, everyone must wear a mask.
WHAT YOU’LL SEE AT THE SHOW
12 unique electric vehicles
Your questions answered one-on-one by people who drive electric now
EV Charging Demo
Charging station locations nearby
Debut of Annapolis Green’s professionally filmed 3-D tour of an EV with Mattertag/Matterport immersive technology
Info about the Electric Vehicle Association of Greater Washington DC (EVADC), the local drivers’ group
EV informational handouts
Displays of EV related products and services
Go for a ride in an EV
FacebookLive streaming from the event featuring our sponsors and interviews with drivers
Electric boating info by Yacht Sales International
Annapolis Library Info
Learn more and join us!
Tags: electric vehicles, EVs, Kick Gas!, michael e busch annapolis library
Join Annapolis Green for Kick Gas! as we bring you National Drive Electric Week, September 26-October 4. We’re part of a nationwide celebration to raise awareness of the many benefits of driving electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more. EVs are fun to drive and one of the best things you can do to mitigate Climate Change! And… they are perfectly normal, cheaper than you think, stylish and easy. We think that’s pretty Kick Gas!
On October 1 we’ll Zoom in and virtually showcase various models of the more than 40 plug-in vehicles available today in a fun, interactive way. Hear from owners and learn what driving electric is all about.
Coming to you from the brand new Michael E. Busch Annapolis Library on West Street we’ll Zoom in and virtually showcase various models of the more than 40 plug-in vehicles available today in a fun, interactive way. Hear from owners and learn what driving electric is all about. Take a virtual test drive!
Not your typical Zoom meeting – ours will be fun AND informative:
- A really cool music video for AM-FM featuring Timme Metz and Tambo
- EV 101 – how driving electric is good for the environment and your wallet
- How driving electric is good for the climate and your health
- Anne Arundel County Library CEO Skip Auld, Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman, Annapolis Mayor Gavin Buckley and Maryland Secretary of the Environment Ben Grumbles will open the event.
- Learn more about the BGE-County-City partnership that led to the installation of charging stations in public areas such as the library and see a ribbon cutting to officially inaugurate the them.
- Hear County Executive Pittman discuss his recent initiative to convert the county fleet all-electric in the next 15 years. Read more about the initiative.
- Short interviews with EV drivers
- Virtual test drives featuring
- Chevrolet Bolt
- Harley-Davidson LiveWire motorcycle (Yes! It’s electric!)
- Porsche Taycan
- BGE presentation about how home charging affects your electric bill and what residential rebates are available for home charging equipment
- Drive with the Sun
- Learn how you can charge your car from the sun with community solar (no panels) or from panels on your rooftop
- A hilarious virtual tour of EV charging stations in our area featuring our summer interns
This Kick Gas! event is brought you by Annapolis Green in partnership with the Electric Vehicle Association of Greater DC (EVADC), the City of Annapolis’ Office of Economic Development and Office of Environmental Policy, and Office of the County Executive.
Many other events are planned for Drive Electric Week. See our Drive Electric page for details.
Tags: annapolis, anne arundel county, BGE, city of annapolis, drive electric, Electric Vehicle Association of Greater DC, electric vehicles, Gavin Buckley, Kick Gas!, michael e busch annapolis library, National Drive Electric Week, Steuart Pittman