- This event has passed.
Land Conservation: What Have We Learned So Far?
July 16, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A John Wright Speaker Series hosted by the Severn River Association.
Speakers from the Scenic Rivers Land Trust: Executive Director Rick Leader and Conservation Director Sarah Knebel.
The talk will focus on these questions:
- How do you protect your property from development and preserve it for the future?
- What tools are available?
- In over 30 years of protecting land with conservation easements, there’s a record of success, but what’s in the story for the future?
- How does the land conservation process work?
- What does that protection actually bring to a property?
- Is the land off limits to development forever?
- If not, what do the limits actually achieve?
The speakers also will explain the big opportunities that lie ahead for future protection.
About the speakers
Rick Leader has had a 30-year nonprofit career as an executive with the Chesapeake Bay Trust, Audubon and Scenic Rivers Land Trust. He has hard-earned experience in organizational development, grant management, environmental education and outreach, and land preservation.
Sarah Knebel has spent the last four years at Scenic Rivers, diving into the Trust’s mission to protect special places. This work includes outreach to landowners, drafting new easements and managing the conservation easement stewardship program.
A $10 donation is requested at the door. Attendance at John Wright Speaker Series is free for SRA members. Individual membership is $35.