The State University of New York College at Oneonta announces a new Master of Science in Lake Management
A proposed program by our the college is expected to be first offered during the fall of 2010. Degree recipients will meet the requirements to apply for certification as Lake Manager (CLM) by NALMS.
The 2 -year program will include 32 hours of theory, field and laboratory experience as well as thesis research involving the development and implementation of a lake management plan and monitoring of short-term responses.
- Completed application form
- Personal statement of interest
- Official GRE General Test scores
- Official GRE Subject test in Biology
- Baccalaureate degree:
- 20 hours of biology including 3 hours in limnology, 3 hours in another aquatic offering, 3 hours in hydrology, 6 hours in chemistry, 3 hours in physics and 3 hours in statistics. 6 hours in each of the following: communications, business and government (Applicants deficient in any of the above offerings may be accepted provisionally and enroll in same concurrently with graduate requirements.)
- Acceptance by the biology graduate faculty
- 32 hours of classes including: Degree Requirements: Biol 690 Lake Management Biol 691 Management of the aquatic biota Biol 625 Lake Monitoring Biol 605 Statistics in Research Biol 698 Thesis (12 hrs)
- Successful completion of thesis research
- Oral thesis defense and comprehensive exams
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Contact: Willard N. Harman; email@example.com, 607-547-6218