We are a grass roots organization filling a unique niche… we are helping to build a sustainable community by promoting and working toward a clean environment and a strong local economy.
We increase awareness of and celebrate the work of others who do good for our environment and add our own works too.
Here’s what we’ve done just in the past year.
Social Networking – in person! – Green Drinks Annapolis!
We’re brought the community together as no other organization does with Green Drinks – happy hours that not only help you get to know like-minded people, but also teach you something in a fun way and support local venues.
- Solar Power at Killarney House
- Annapolis' First Green and Clean Regatta and the connection between land and sea in sailboat racing at Eastport Yacht Club
- Beautification with Annapolis in Bloom, Keep America Beautiful, and Project Clean Stream at the Homestead Gardens
- Climate Change at Loews Annapolis Hotel
- How saving the Chesapeake Bay starts in the rivers and streams closest to our homes at Café Mezzanotte
- “Do Good. Have Fun.” at Blackwall Hitch
- Run Responsibly – the Green Across the Bay 10K at Great Frogs Winery
Celebrated our 100th edition of Living Green in Annapolis on WNAV
Bringing you relevant radio content on the environment and related issues every week for over two years – all archived on our website
Responsible Events & Festivals: Make the Right Call!
Bringing recycling, composting, and marketing to events including:
- Maryland Day venues
- Scenic Rivers Land Trust Garden Party
- Bayhawks Go Green Night
- Annapolis Rotary Crab Feast (composting of over 20,000 pounds of food waste that would otherwise have gone to the landfill)
- Chesapeake Regional Tech Council’s BBQ on the Bay
- Maryland Seafood Festival
- Hospice Cup Shore Party
- 2014 J80 World Champtionship – a Sailors for the Sea Gold Certified Clean Regatta
- Inaugural Across the Bay 10K
- Maryland Green Travel’s First Green Event
- MRE Tug of War
Launch of promotion for clean, litter-free running races and sale of HydraPouch® product to keep races litter-free.
Keep America Beautiful Affiliation
Soon we’ll be a part of this venerable, 60-year old organization extending our reach with beautification projects designed to connect “Beautiful” with “Clean and Green.”
Do Good. Have Fun.
Clean-up of Ellen O. Moyer Back Creek Nature Park – with dozens of volunteers planting, cleaning, and mulching in the morning and celebrating in the afternoon.
- BGE Green Grant (for recycling)
- Bud Light Do Good Have Fun Grant (through Keep America Beautiful – for clean-up event)
- Coca Cola Recycling Bin Grant (through Keep America Beautiful – for recycling)
- Annapolis in Bloom
- Project Clean Stream
- Events sponsored by other groups such as:
It takes funds to build a community and it’s best when the funds are home-grown, from people like you who have a stake in the Annapolis area. Join with us to build a sustainable, healthy, enjoyable community. Support Annapolis Green on #GivingTuesday and tell your friends you did!
Your gift, in any amount, will help us build a stronger program for 2015 alerting the community about issues like these: stormwater, oysters, clean air, clean water, rain barrels, water pollution, solar power, electric vehicles, energy conservation, pesticides, clean energy, wind power, Chesapeake Bay cleanup effort, climate change, rain gardens, local businesses, legislation, governmental policies, environmental literacy, and more.
Be part of this community! It’s easy.
Click below to make a tax-deductible donation to Annapolis Green through our fiscal sponsor, the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay.
Or, if tax-deductibility is not an issue for you, donate directly to Annapolis Green by clicking here.
Either way, you’ll be building a cleaner, more aware, more beautiful, and stronger community for you and those who come after us.
Thank you to the supporters of Annapolis Green and Green Drinks Annapolis! Click to see who they are.
Got Facebook, Twitter, etc.?
Help us get the word out about our events and other news. Use your social networks to spread our information!